In my quest to get back to my goal weight, I thought it might help myself to list some ideas on how to motivate myself. For those of you that also need to lose some weight, I hope these ideas will also be helpful to you. Here are my top ideas of how we can motivate ourselves to stick to our diet and exercise plans even when we don’t feel like it:
- Check out the latest issue of Victoria’s Secret. I think this one is pretty much self explanatory.
- Look through our closets, basements and/or attics at all the cute clothes that no longer fit us.
- Buy a really cute dress and/or pair of jeans a size or two smaller than we currently wear and hang it on our bedroom door. Having that item prominently displayed and seeing it all the time would hopefully inspire us to work hard on losing weight!
- If you feel at all self conscious during sex due to the extra pounds, just think of how amazing the sex will be once you’re at your goal weight!
- Think about all the cute new clothes that you’ll need to buy as you lose weight and your current clothes become way too big for you.
- Having friends and family take pics and/or video of you will be just fine with you even though now it’s a little embarrassing.
- Won’t it be nice to be an inspirational role model for your loved ones that also need to lose weight?
- Imagine being able to play with your children in the pool or beach next summer without having to worry about being self conscious in your bathing suit.
- Think about how good it would feel to run into that ex of yours that dumped you and/or treated you like crap, seeing the look of awe and desire in his eyes and having the satisfaction of knowing that no matter how much he wants you, it’s too late now.
- Imagine how good it would feel to know that you were setting a wonderful example on healthy living for your children.
- Think about how nice it would be to know that once you lose the weight, your chances of being around to see not just your children grow up, but also your grandchildren are much, much greater.
I hope that you’ve enjoyed these tips, and I wish you the best of luck in your weight loss journey.
Get update via email
Subscribe to our mailing list and get daily news
Back to AzHealthWellness.Net